Who we are
LIONS RUGBY TRAVEL ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Lions Rugby Travel operates the website, www.lionstour.com or www.lionsrugby.com/tours (the “website” or “site”). See the About Us section for further information about Lions Rugby Travel.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The Information We Collect
We want you to have a clear understanding of the information we collect and process about you. This information may include:
• details that you provide by filling in forms or registering on our Website such as the information collected via our Join Us form;
• details of transactions you carry out through our site and the confirmation and fulfilment of your orders and booking requests. When you place an order or request a travel package through our site, we will ask for personal information, such as your name, passport number, nationality, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information;
• information, including pictures, that you upload to our site as part of any user generated content function;
• details of traveller information about you and your group;
• details about the rugby teams you support;
• details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources that you access; and
• information required by our affiliates or our service providers to enable us to fulfil your order or booking request.
We may also ask you for information and record it when you:
• ask for information or help during the booking process or in browsing our products. For example we may record your telephone conversation or ‘live chat’ thread;
• enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Lions Rugby Travel;
• contact us, for example when you report a problem with our site; and
• complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
If you call us, we may record and monitor that phone call (whether in writing or audio) for record keeping purposes.
Group Bookings and Lead Bookers
We will collect information about all persons travelling within a group (1 or more people). If you are booking or making an enquiry on someone else’s behalf you must have their consent to allow us to collect and use their information in the ways described in this policy. As such you should draw their attention to this policy prior to submitting their information.
If you interact with us via social media we may collect and record the information you make available to us or that you send us as part of conversations we have. This information may include your personal preferences and you should review your social media privacy settings before interacting with us. We are not responsible for your personal details or other information on social media sites and platforms and you should review their privacy policies carefully before using them.
Where you share your information using social media share buttons on our site you do so at your own risk. We may collect the information you share but are not responsible for the information you choose to share.
How we use technology to collect data about you (IP addresses and cookies)
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to sponsors of the British & Irish Lions. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on:
• our hosting service providers secure servers at a Tier IV UK Data Centre;
• secure servers in our offices;
• on the secure servers of the British Lions Limited in Ireland; and
• on the systems of the organisations to which we may disclose you personal information to.
The 2017 tour is taking place outside of the EU. Accordingly, some of the organisations to which we may disclose your personal information may be situated outside of the European Union. In order to provide you with the information and services you require (for example accommodation and flights), we may need to transfer your personal information to these countries, some of which may not protect privacy and personal data rights as extensively as in the European Union.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, or save your booking details, you are responsible for keeping this password private and confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If you believe that your password has been compromised, change it immediately by logging in to our site and using the change password function or, alternatively, contact us at [email protected].
Uses made of your information
We will not knowingly use your information in any subversive or secretive ways. We, or our third party administrators, or British Lions Limited may use information held about you in the following ways:
• to process your orders, payments booking requests and to send you confirmation and travel details;
• to respond to your enquiries;
• we may use comments, images or feedback you provide us for testimonials on our website, on Lions Rugby Travel social media sites such as Facebook or in any future marketing or promotional materials or channels;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• where you have consented, to provide your information to third parties so that they can contact you with information and offers;
• to provide your information to British Lions Limited so that they can contact you with information and offers connected with the Lions;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to manage your experience as a potential or actual customer of ours using Customer Relationship Management Tools;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
• to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data with your consent, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we, or they, may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. You can un-subscribe from this marketing at any time by following the procedures set out below.
Disclosure of your information
In addition we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Lions Rugby Travel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lions Rugby Travel Limited, The Mike Burton Group Limited, British Lions Limited, the sponsors of the British & Irish Lions, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Children under 16
If you are aged under 13 years old please do not provide us with any personal information and do not register on our site.
If you are aged between 13 - 16, you must obtain the approval of a parent or guardian before you send us any of your personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, home address, date of birth etc).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
You also have the right to access information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a fee not exceeding the statutory maximum to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Unsubscribing from site/services
If you have subscribed to any of our services via our site or have booked with us and either you no longer wish to be subscribed to those services or you do not wish to receive further marketing information and communications from us then either:
• click on the unsubscribe link on the communication that we send you; or
• send an email with the title “Unsubscribe” to [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, British & Irish Lions’ sponsors, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. This can be for the duration of your visit (a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). We use ‘essential cookies’ that must be set (for example so you can use the shopping basket or complete a purchase) and ‘analytical cookies’ to help track and improve the performance of the Site.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Helps the Site maintain session information and allow users to be recognized within a website so any page changes or item or data selection is remembered from page to page.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Site. The information is used to compile reports and to help improve the websites. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. This information may be used to advertise our services to you via platforms such as Google Adwords.
AddThis cookies allow users to share content via Social Networking websites and email. Third party services may place a cookie on the device to make their service easier to use.
|Go.affec.tv||Affectv provides technology services to clients that enable them to collect and use online interaction data to improve the relevance of advertising which appears on web pages to deliver more relevant advertising.||Here|
|These cookies contain randomly-generated values that enable the Adnxs platform to distinguish browsers and devices. It is matched against information – such as advertising interest segments and histories of ads shown in the browser or device – provided by clients or other third parties and stored on the Platform.||Here|
|Google Adwords Remarketing||
|Facebook Pixel||This Cookie is placed by Facebook. It enables us to measure, optimize and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. In particular, it enables us to see how our users move between devices when accessing the Site and Facebook, to ensure that our Facebook advertising is seen by our users most likely to be interested in such advertising by analysing which content a user has viewed and interacted with on the Site.||Here|
|Hotjar||These cookie’s help us understand how visitors are interacting with the Site. Hotjar enables us to record visitor sessions. This data is used to improve the customer journey on our Site.||Here|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your device browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.